Oy. I just spent almost an hour writing a new post, and then accidentally closed down my browser and now it’s gone 😦
But the gist of it was, thanks to my awesome blogger friends for nominating me for three awards!
By Jen Lawson, All Round Better Me, and Travel Run Style each gave me a blogging award, which means SO much to me. I love each of their blogs and I love that they enjoy reading mine and have shared it with their own readers.
I’m totally going to cheat now, and not quite follow the rules of either the Beautiful Blogger Award or the Liebster Award, and just tell you seven random facts about me, as inspired by the blogs above 🙂
- The best place I’ve ever been is the Alta Crystal Resort on Mount Rainier. All of the Pacific Northwest is amazing, and this was our last stop. We’d been from Portland to the coast to Seattle to the mountains. We’d spent the day hiking and the week living out of hotels. We were SO happy to have a hot tub to soak in and a real kitchen to cook in.
- The next place I’m traveling to is Dallas. For a Garth Brooks concert with clients. Have I mentioned I’m not a country music fan? But this should be an experience, a country music concert in Texas!
- My guiltiest of guilty pleasures is an Oreo Cheesecake Blizzard from Dairy Queen.
- The habit I’d most like to break is having a couple of (often several) drinks at the end of the day. I’ve been increasingly reliant on using alcohol to relax and to shut off my brain.
- The best thing I’ve done this week is spend time with my family. We’re currently in temporary housing while we look for a new home, and it’s really close to my parents and my sister’s family. I love that I can just drop by or meet my sister for hot yoga.
- My hero is Jimmy Carter. He is even dying with grace. #myhero
- I am having a harder time with being 40 than I ever expected. Not being a mother, I’m not caught up in raising any children, so I’m a bit at a loss with where to place my focus these days.
I’ve been thinking a lot about budgeting and spending and investing lately, so I’d like to share with you two young financial bloggers:
From Frugal to Free: This chica has already paid off her student loans and takes advantage of every side hustle to stack away some extra $$$. I SO wish I’d been this responsible when I was her age!
Half-Banked: A woman who is giving Millennials a good name (for once!). She’s striving to save half of her take home pay.
Hope you enjoy reading these blogs from two inspiring young women!
Have a great weekend! Do fun things!