Can you believe it’s May already?!?!?!?!
April was a very busy month, I suppose. And it flew by! Time for my monthly check-in…
- Handstand: FAIL. I barely did a plank in April, as I was super focused on running, and then recovering from our race.
- Debt: MIXED. We started the month strong, tracking our daily spending and not indulging ourselves. The second half of the month, not so much. I did make a couple of extra payments on our credit card debt, at least.
- Being anal: Like last month, I’m not really feeling like this is an issue for me right now.
- Half-marathon: SUCCESS! Now I just need to get back into a better running/strength training routine.
- Downsize: SUCCESS. I cleaned out the kitchen cabinets, the downstairs closets, and the garage. I also started in my bathroom and closet, but that’s still a work-in-progress. We had our garage sale this morning. We made about $160 and got rid of more than I expected.
- Meditate: FAIL.
- Booze: FAIL.
- Counseling: Not currently a priority.
- Writing: SUCCESS. I am writing here less frequently but more thoughtfully. I’m still trying to decide what to focus on here 🙂
- Eating: MIXED. I didn’t lose any weight, but I’ve been eating more healthfully. I also made the switch back to vegetarianism, which makes me happy.
- Minimalism: See #5.
- Empathy: SUCCESS at home; FAIL at work.
- Volunteering: MIXED. I tried to donate blood again, but went to the wrong location. I did donate a fair amount to a local cause and to the Nepal earthquake victims.
- Travel: SUCCESS. I had a good trip to Portland. I learned a lot about myself. I will cover that in a future post.
- Job: SUCCESS. I’m making a lot of positive changes at my current job, and my role has really expanded. I’m also interviewing with another company, for a primarily work-from-home role.
Overall, I am feeling pleased about last month. For May, I’ll be focusing on continued healthy eating and getting rid of stuff at home. I’ll also make strength training a priority. Jack and I have a trip to Asheville planned for our 5th anniversary, so of course I’m excited about that 🙂
How is your spring going? What will you be doing now that it’s warm again?